Monday, February 21, 2005

Ghetto Pass

I'm watching Ego-Trip's "Race-o-Rama" on VH1, and tonight's episode is entitled, "Dude, Where's My Ghetto Pass?"

The panel reviewed Justin Timberlake and Eminem's ownership of a ghetto pass, and I found it particularly interesting because I had just seen Timberlake's first solo video "Like I Love You" earlier today. In the video, he's dancing with Pharrell, hugging up on a brown girl, and getting a guest rap from Clipse. Things that make you go hmmmm...

Anyway, the panel concluded that Eminem was infinitely more deserving of his ghetto pass because the 'hood was his home, and he continues to contribute to the community -- unlike a certain blond kid who used to sing country as an 8-year-old. Aaron McGruder of "Boondocks" fame remarked that ghetto passes "must be for sale," since it was obvious that Justin bought his. Paid Pharell to produce, paid Clipse to guest star, and paid a bunch of Black extras to sway and back up his ass on the dancefloor. As a panelist observed, once he apologized for the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident everyone suddenly remembered, "Oh yeah, he's white!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home