Oscar Noms
OK, so our Best Picture nominees are The Aviator, Sideways, Ray, Million Dollar Baby, and Finding Neverland. I am very happy to hear that Jamie Foxx was nominated twice for his roles in Ray and Collateral. He is probably going to get at least one, if not both... but I doubt he'll get both.
Also fantastic... Kate Winslet nominated for Best Supporting Actress in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. As long as it wasn't Kirsten Dunst. Winslet's nomination brings to mind the Academy's ongoing snubbing of Jim Carrey for nomination in a dramatic role. I guess, as one of my esteemed friends once said, he will always be known to the Academy as That-Guy-Who-Talked-Out-of-his-Ass. Sorry Jim.
I must also add that I have NOT seen any of the movies nominated for Best Picture. In fact, the only films I've seen that are nominated for anything are Eternal Sunshine, The Incredibles, Shrek 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (score), and The Phantom of the Opera (art direction). In fact, those may be the ONLY movies I saw all year long... save Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights and Miracle. : )

1 Comments:
What a film student!
9:10 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home