Sunday, January 16, 2005

Good films

I am not really known for being a cine-phile in the sense that I really know and appreciate Robert Altman's or Wong Kar-Wai's works. I have no idea what movies they've done, except the latter's Fallen Angels.
Anyway, I watched The Last Picture Show and Midnight Cowboy over the weekend and loved them both. The former a little more than the latter. I just decided that I should check out some of those classic films of the late '60s/early '70s. Last month, I rented the doc The Kid Stays in the Picture and found it fascinating. As for mainstream films, I went to see Elektra on opening night, and although I wasn't disappointed (it's kinda hard to be when you have such low expectations), I was kinda bored. It wasn't as riveting as King Arthur, which I watched for the first time last night, nor as amusing as Dodgeball (which I rented earlier this week -- and it was just okay in comparison to Anchorman). I am very proud of myself for watching so many films in such a short amount of time and not being as disappointed as I was a month ago when I rented Blow-Up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home