X & Y
Well, I streamed the new Coldplay album today.
Baby songs.
That's all I can think of to describe it. And that's a shame because I really loved these guys when I bought Parachutes in 2001. I just can't understand how fame can cause musical artistry to decline so steeply. I mean, I loved every bit of Parachutes... I could only bring myself to download 4 tracks from A Rush of Blood..., and now, I hate every bit of X & Y.
Vitriol, I know... but maybe I just resent what they are now. Coldplay is comprised of a bunch of smart guys. They were able to capitalize on their talent and Chris's looks. And it makes me wonder what am I doing with myself. I am spinning my wheels, that's what. I am a totally different person now than I was in 2001 when I bought their album. Back then, I was emotionally at rock bottom -- much lower than I am now. Back then, I was filled with sadness, and now, (most of the time, but especially after listening to their album) I am brimming with rage. Back then, Coldplay was an antidote to the dreck on the radio and on MTV. (I can't watch MTV without feeling bile rising in my throat.) Now, I wouldn't download one of their songs for free.
Coldplay blows because I've found something to hate about them.
I hate how I had already heard the song, "Fix You" on The OC (a show I love to hate).
Coldplay has sold out and sold out and sold out. (I typed it three times for em-phass-is.*)
I HATE them for that. This is the feeling of true betrayal that I kinda thought I was feeling when the drummer from The Strokes hooked up with Drew Barrymore, but was actually nowhere near the feeling I get when I listen to this streamed s-h-i-t.
*That was my one Gwyneth reference, so chew it and enjoy it as it goes down because that's the last one you'll get from me in a looooong time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home